Personal data controller
In this privacy notice we explain how we process your personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) of the European Parliament.
Every participant of the PrimeWater consortium, visitors of our website, people who use our services (e.g., Virtual Lab, mailing list, newsletters, surveys, experiments, workshops, Community of Practice (CoP) or webinars) as well as people who email us or chat with us.
What information about you do we handle, why do we handle that information, what is the legal basis for those processing and how long do we retain the information?
On top of the personal data collected and processed by EMVIS, in the framework of the PrimeWater project,
AS A PrimeWater PARTICIPANT, based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR), we:
- publish your contact details on the PrimeWater website and other communication tools or publications for communication purposes;
- take and use pictures/videos where you appear taken or made during a meeting / an event of or related to the PrimeWater project and post them on the PrimeWater website and/or other communications tools or publications for communication purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to [email protected]. Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SERVICE (VIRTUAL LAB, MAILING LIST, NEWSLETTERS, WEBINARS, ETC.)
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR):
- We collect and process your identification data (name, first name, organization and email address) for registration and delivering of the service.
You may unsubscribe from the service at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
We will not keep your data once you have unsubscribed.
WHEN YOU EMAIL US, CHAT WITH US OR OTHERWISE CONTACT US:
We process your contact details, when required, in order to provide you with the requested support. This data processing is based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR).
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR EVENTS:
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR):
When you register for events, we collect your identification and professional data (name, first name, position, organization, email address, and phone numbers).
When you register for events, we also ask you
- Whether you have special dietary requirements or other specific needs. Those data are collected for the organisation of the event.
We do not keep your dietary requirements or other mentioned specific needs for longer than the event.
- Whether you are in agreement with us:
- Including your contact details in the list of participants to the event that is made available on the PrimeWater website / to all participants for networking purposes;
- Taking and using pictures or videos during the event for promotional and information purposes.
Not providing your consent for taking pictures or videos is without impact on your participation to events, workshops or webinars.
WHEN YOU CONTACT US TO MAKE USE OF YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS:
We process your contact details and the proof of your identity you send us in order to address your request. We can also, depending on your request process other personal data we have collected also in order to address your request.
This data processing is for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (article 6.1.c of the GDPR).
WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN SURVEYS
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR): We collect and process in the data analysis your gender, age, education level, and professional data (organization, role, duration) but all information is anonymous.
You should also complete the ‘“Informed consent form for survey respondents”.
Use of service providers and transfer to third parties
We do not transfer any of your data collected as mentioned above to any third party for commercial purposes.
How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data are handled in full confidentiality. We make all necessary effort to take technical and organisational measures that might be required so as to ensure security of your personal data.
How long is the information retained for?
This data will be preserved while it is needed, as long as you do not oppose to it, or during the periods legally determined by each applicable regulation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information, we hold about you:
- Right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data;
- Right to request erasure of your data (right to be forgotten) in the cases foreseen by article 17 of the GDPR;
- Right to obtain from us restriction of processing where there is contestation about the data processing for a period enabling to solve the issue;
- Right to data portability;
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will not make use of your data any longer, including pictures. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6(1), (f) of the GDPR (our legitimate purposes) as mentioned above.
Granting of Consent