‘End User Outlooks on Earth Observation’ webinar – Recording now available
It is now possible to watch the recording of the webinar “End User Outlooks on Earth Observation” organised on 18 May by the consortium of the EU Horizon 2020 PrimeWater Project in conjunction with the Earth Observation (EO) for Water Management Community of Practice, a subgroup of the IWA Digital Water Programme.
To access the recording, please visit: https://iwa-network.org/learn/end-user-outlooks-on-earth-observation-demand/
The Earth Observation (EO) for Water Management Community of Practice (CoP) brings together experts from different sectors of the water industry interested in the use of Earth observation technologies for improved water quality and quantity management.
During the webinar, the results from the PrimeWater Project H2020 were presented. PrimeWater offers a complete suite of services that enable water industry professionals to identify and assess possible hydro-ecological risks in freshwater systems at an early-stage, trigger anticipatory actions and reduce exposure to water quality hazards through smart, adaptive lake management.
The focus of this webinar was to gather opinions and feedback from an expert panel of EO practitioners on the use of the services provided by PrimeWater.
The audience, together with the panelists, were involved in a collaborative activity focused on benefits, opportunities, barriers, and risks linked to the use of the PrimeWater products. The results of this discussion will be used to complete a deliverable of the PrimeWater project on End Users Evaluation which will be publicly available.
During this session, the panelists shared:
- How receptive they are to the operation of the PrimeWater platform
- In what contexts they would efficiently utilise the PrimeWater platform
- Their idea of the value of the platform and how applicable it is in their career
International Water Association
- Rohini Ganorkar, Senior Technical Assistant, Forest Survey of India, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate change, India
- Jordi Cros Herrero, President of the Catalan Water partnership; Head of Innovation – ADASA, Spain
- Fabián Chang, CEO and Founding partner, Director – AquaIntel, Ecuador
- Dr P Somasekhar Rao, Director – Advanced Centre for Integrated Water Resources Management, WRD, GoK, India
- Benjamin Yeboah, Technical Services Manager – Atlantic Hydro-Engineering Services, Ghana
- Apostolis Tzimas, Managing Director – EMVIS Consultant Engineers, Greece
- Evangelos Romas, Head of the Research and Development unit – EMVIS Consultant Engineers, Greece
- Evangelos Spyrakos, Associate Professor, Biological and Environmental Sciences – University of Stirling, Scotland, UK